Monday, September 6, 2010

Flooding of the Rio Viejo

Here are some images of flooding in my site this rainy season. This first one is of me standing in the road that passes in front of my house after it rained yesterday.








Here you can see where people will be losing part of the corn harvest, on top of the beans they've already lost due to excessive rains.




This river went completely dry during last year's drought and subsequent dry season.


What looks like a creek here is actually a road.





The water level rose high enough to enter many people's houses, some up to knee deep.






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Reminds me of Hawai'i during the rainy season, but three times as bad, or Dancing Rabbit in the summer, but 10 times as bad. I feel for you! Just saw your reply to my last comment: getting over the flu took exactly 2 weeks and then two weeks of camping and backpacking in CA. Abigail bought a house in July and now we live at 2170 Van Buren, Eugene OR 97405. Write me and I'll write you back!

Lots of love! Arjen